Thursday, September 14, 2017

And here we are

The summer for the Bishop family has been full of many highs and lows. We were been flooded with love from all over during our Answers for Annabelle Superhero Fun Run. It was such a blessing to see so many people come out to high five, run, play and spend the day with Annabelle. Undoubtedly one of our best memories as a family.

 Checkout the pictures of the event here:
https://www.heavenbluntphotography.com/new-blog-1/2017/7/18/answers-for-annabelle-superhero-5k-fun-run

 


August 23rd, Annabelle became a Big Sister to Juliette Catherine. Belle is moving into her role with so much excitement. And although Juliette still isn't home with us, we know she will fit right into our family perfectly as soon as she is.



We've had a few summer getaways, we've spent many late summer nights with friends, and inevitably school has come around again and we've begun 1st Grade!!




Though the blessings and distractions have filled our days as a family, we haven't been able to avoid the elephant that lingers among our home.. today marks 94 days since Annabelle ate a meal, enjoyed dinner around the table, celebrated her friends birthday by enjoying her own safe version of a cupcake. Today marks ninety-four awful damn days that our family has fought literally every. single. meal. around. Not one single day has been easier than the last. Not one single day went without tears. Not one single day has passed where it didn't break our little girl down into a depression like we've never seen before. Annabelle's tiny soul has been shattered during the last 94 days, and I have no idea how long it will take to repair.

I usually update and post often, at least I try. But I have found that during our families hardest time, when we don't quite know how to respond or put our next steps in front of the other.. it's hard to update. That's kinda where we've been. I hate sharing bad news, I want to share celebrations with you all, but honestly, this summer has been excruciating for us. We have exhausted ourselves as parents to distract Annabelle any and every way we know how. Poor Madelynne hides to eat her meals, we avoid cooking indoors whenever possible, heck, I hardly even cook anymore! We surely don't go to restaurants if we can help it and now that school is back, Annabelle sits in the classroom alone while her class goes to the cafeteria for lunch - her choice - she said she can't see other people eating. I know it would just crush her.


So here we are.
Tomorrow, Friday September 15th and 6:30am, Annabelle will undergo her 30th surgery to determine whether or not her Eosinophilic Disease is still active or if it's healed. Our doctor will assess the motility in her stomach and how it empties to see if that portion has healed enough that perhaps she can digest foods thru her actual stomach again. For the last 94 days, we have bypassed her failing upper GI, including her esophagus and stomach, and have been feeding Annabelle thru her small intestines via GJ-Tube 20hrs x day. Our prayers are heavy that her body has healed itself enough we can safely re-introduce foods back into her diet.

Because Madelynne is in school, and Juliette is still in the NICU - Daddy took Annabelle alone to Cincinnati, OH for this trip. My momma heart is shattering! This is the very first time I have been away from Annabelle.... ever maybe(?) This is definitely the very first time I am not there for a medical visit, let alone a surgery! I am a nervous wreck. As I packed her last bags and strapped her into the car this morning for her and daddy to drive away, my heart sank... they pulled away and the tears fell. AK knows the drill, he knows what to do and he will communicate all my questions and concerns to Annabelle's medical team (or else!) - I fully trust and know just how luck Annabelle is to have two parents equally involved in all her needs.. but that still doesn't appease the mommy heart, does it?

I promise to update tomorrow night after her procedure. Please say a prayer if you could that Annabelle is able to get food back and we as a family can return to finding a bit of normalcy in the midst of daily chaos.Thank you always for understanding, thank you even more for sticking by us as we have silently weathered a rough storm as a family this summer.. we love you guys immensely and your prayers are felt, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. so you promise huh? ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I'm going insane I need an update! (I have mito myself and I just read your entire blog - except the weeks I was in the hospital myself) can she eat again?! and how is the new little one doing?? I need to know these things!!! I love all your posts (even though I cry over more than half of them, even the happy ones) feel free to send me an email if you would rather.

    I hope all is well!! God bless, I will continue my prayers! I love you guys! 😍😘😍😘

    love - another mito warrior 💚

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago of HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bare Vomiting and my tongue go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chat on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed after two weeks I went to test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of diseases.

    ReplyDelete