Tuesday, July 16, 2013

EEG Results are in

Everything came back normal :( The only thing noted on the report was the rapid speed of brain waves but that is directly correlated to how much stress and anxiety Annabelle was experiencing during the process, after needing so much medication to sedate her, her vitals never calmed until she was awake again.

Dr. Teasley and her team were notified immediately of the EEG results and began to work on scheduling Annabelle to see Dr. Teasley ASAP.

I got a call late yesterday afternoon from Dr. Teasley's nurse: She will see you August 22nd. 

My jaw dropped, but only for a split second. "Im sorry. Go back to the drawing board and try that again. Annabelle cannot, will not wait until August 22nd before she is seen by anyone. You absolutely have to do something soon."

The nurse continued to explain to me that Dr. Teasley is already double booked for outpatient visits and truly doesn't have the time to see anyone else. She doesn't do many outpatient cases any longer.

"Ok, this is easy. Dr. Teasley needs to admit Annabelle into MCV and then see her inpatient if that's the case. This isn't hard. Let me know what I need to do and what time to report to the hospital to check-in! I'm begging you to care, try, do anything lady, please, this is my non-verbal baby girl that is being consumed by some disease - Mitochondrial Disease is literally taking days off her life if that is what this is, we do NOT have until August 22nd to wait. Please understand that. Do something!"


I am at the mercy of doctors and nurses caring about my little girl. They just don't. I don't understand this health system and I've never been more disgusted. Annabelle cannot speak or communicate what she is feeling or is hurting her, I am her only voice and her only advocate - if I don't fight like hell for her, no one will even bat an eye in her direction. They better figure something out soon, I don't know what my next step is - I don't know what else they are looking for before they see her. I fear they have the ability to read her case and have thrown in the towel already. I won't stand for that. She's a beautiful little girl and deserves a chance! No matter what, Mitochondrial or not, something is VERY wrong with Annabelle - let's keep praying it is not Mito - but we still need to pray for answers and help. She deserves relief from whatever is taking over her little body!

No comments:

Post a Comment