Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Back on steroids

Annabelle is adjusting back to the meds and steroids well. So far she hasn't been overly agitated or angry, just hyper. Bedtime is still going well but if/when she wakes at night, she has a tough time getting back to sleep. She's fairly happy with all things considered. 

Her Gtube is scheduled to be changed soon. Our nurse offered to change her tube when another nurse from the nursing agency comes in for her monthly visit. Together they will change her tube out. I have so many mixed feelings. My stomach doesn't settle well knowing my baby will have ANYTHING medical performed on her while I'm not next to her. While my mind should be at rest that she's in good hands and at least I won't have to watch, that just isn't my nature. I am a hands on mommy, I am involved with EVERYTHING when it comes to this kids care. But I also have another kiddo at home, I have a full time job and other responsibilities. Annabelle is in excellent hands with our nurse. I need to remember that I cannot always be there for everything and I need to pick my battles for when she truly needs me next to her. Ugh. Still. It's hard. 

Her gtube site (stoma). Believe it or not is actually continuing to do so well. We keep it extremely clean. She gets at least one bath a day and multiple cleanses around the tube. I don't know if it's the different style of tubes that we've been using lately (lower profile) or just the time in which her body needed to heal. But either way, it looks wonderful. She does have a few scars around the site from granulation tissue but nothing outstanding. 

Meanwhile. I am pushing full steam ahead towards getting annabelle into another hospital. She's doing so well,  it we have no idea how far luck will carry us.

No comments:

Post a Comment