Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekend family time

My heart is already breaking about having to leave my family tomorrow morning and travel back to the hospital with Annabelle. We're trying hard to paint smiles and happy anticipation about the trip, especially for the girls. For Annabelle, were focusing on the fun plane ride. For Madelynne, she gets to sleep in my bed with daddy since I'm gone. They're both excited little girls. Meanwhile, AK and I are sulking .. It just stinks. 

Friday was a busy day. Annabelle and I spent the entire day together, we had errands, doc appointments and lunch dates to attend. She took selfies while I met with doctors... 





Friday night we decided to forgo the bedtime and cut loose with friends, neighbors and cousins. We had dinner out and enjoyed our favorite local band, The Dave Tinney Band! Annabelle enjoyed messy chicken wings, and when she asked daddy to dance, he couldn't resist :) 





The rest of the weekend has been lazy around the house. Lots of cuddling, giggles, cleaning and procrastinating. Between church and random trips to the grocery store, we've just prioritized spending alone time with one another. We're watching the Super Bowl tonight together, AK is working on the chicken wings while I have buffalo chicken dip and beer cheese on the counter. The girls have a bet going on over who's going to win, who will make the first play, the half time score etc. 

At some point, I will convince myself to begin packing. I don't want to at all.. Instead, I've checked in for my flights, confirmed the hotel, and scheduled the shuttle to pick us up from the airport. . . See, I'm being productive ;) 

Annabelle is upstairs playing with sissy and soaking up the time with her. I adore how much they love each other. Annabelle is so very blessed to have a sissy that loves her so much. They'll be lost without one another until Wednesday! 







1 comment:

  1. Prayers girl. You are one awesome & strong Momma.

    ReplyDelete