Friday, January 31, 2014

Back in the swing of appointments galore

We have more game plans in place, finally. I have some backup plans on top of scheduled plans on the books. I was furious after our appt. Monday. By Tuesday, I was motivated and unstoppable to making headway and leaving everyone else in our dust. Belle is doing 'ok', I've begun removing food away from her again and she's showing improvement. We've been allowing a very few veggies and fruits that don't contain protein or citric acids.. I thought they were safe, and they should have been, but something wasn't right. I began removing them one by one to where she isn't taking much at all by mouth any longer. Within a few days, she began to look a lot less lethargic. Her energy is coming back, very very slowly. She still has a low threshold with how much she can do at a time. Running around the house for 2-3min and then climbing the stairs will kick her butt to where she's forced to rest for an hour or more. This is common with Annabelle when she isn't well though - were just giving her some space and time and following her lead without looking into it too deeply.

What's on our agenda: 
Friday - Today we are meeting with the surgeon. Annabelle's gtube site has begun to form Hypergranulation Tissue pouring out of the stoma (hole). We need to have it removed and treated. My stomach is absolutely in pieces knowing what they are going to do to her. Im nauseated at just the thought :( While we are there, we will also be changing her tube out for a new tube. I am so excited to replace this tube- it's so gross within the insides and it's components. Belle gets 2-3 baths x day but it just always seems filthy to me (OCD Mommy, I am). I am looking forward to the new tube.



Monday - Gastroenterology Consult
Tuesday - Genetics Consult


Hopefully we will gain movement after the next days appointments. If not, I have a couple more things up my sleeve. I'll keep you posted :)






No comments:

Post a Comment