Sunday, November 9, 2014

She's so strong



I want to say this and simultaneously knock on wood. Annabelle is doing very well right now despite the weather changing and everything she’s been exposed to lately. I am so proud of her immune system for toughing it out for two flights, a hospital, hotel etc. I knew for certain we were playing with fire by taking that chance but she did awesome! A few days after we returned, Madelynne unfortunately got sick and caught a tummy bug. Panic set in again as I recollected everything they both touched, possibly shared a sippy cup, etc.. while we kept the girls pretty isolated from one another, again, Annabelle did terrific and never came down with the bug! I cannot believe, I honestly am just blown away at how strong my baby girl is getting. Every winter sets fear, every illness could mean a trip into the hospital, every fever could result in a seizure, every time she falls asleep, I panic if she’ll waken as the same Annabelle. She is giving us so much hope right now. I could never ask for her to respond and fight as hard as her little body is but she’s doing it, she’s doing it with flying colors and a roaring attitude!



Speaking of roaring attitude. Whoever quoted the phrase, “Terrible Two’s” obviously forgot to mention the 3’s. Madelynne was always very well behaved, introverted, soft and kind. Then our Annabelle came along: fierce, ferocious, loud, honorary, defiant, incredibly loving, head-strong, stubborn, did I mention she’s always really loving and sweet? Annabelle is the full package. Every single ounce of emotion and opinion and attitude, all bottled into a strong 3yo that has every reason in the world to keep fighting. I always say, “if this hell were to happen to one of my children, I am sadly grateful it’s Annabelle because she has the most appropriate attitude for it.” She fights with everything she has, night and day. Whether it’s Annabelle fighting her own immune system or Annabelle fighting with her sister over a toy that doesn’t even belong to her, Annabelle knows how to voice her opinion and stand alone in this big, big world!


Our appointments are coming up very soon. This week will be extremely busy for our family but hopefully enlightening for things we need to discuss and address. Tomorrow Annabelle will see an Ophthalmologist to take a look at her vision and eye health. We need to gauge whether or not these fevers, drugs, seizures, malnourishment etc have done damage to her eye and vision. I pray she handles the appointment well. And I cross my fingers and toes we don’t need glasses! 


No comments:

Post a Comment