Sunday, August 2, 2015

Medication was a fail

I am heartbroken to say, the medication does not seem to be working as well as we had hoped it would. Annabelle's pain is not lessening and her temperament and behavior is becoming more and more out of control. She is constantly angry, frustrated and mad at the world. It isn't only mommy and daddy any longer, she is mad at her friends, her toys, her bed, everything. In the midst of her behavior and frustration levels being thru the roof, the pain increasing is only adding fuel to the fire.

I called Cincinnati and have left a message with our team. I pray they are able to get back with us soon. We made the decision for Annabelle already though, that we are not going to use the medication any more. Hopefully we're able to come up with a better plan and possibly a different cocktail than what she was just taking.

In an effort to make her happy and bring a smile on her face, we surprised the girls with a trip to Water Country this weekend. Annabelle slept until 9am and once we dressed her and put her in the truck, she went back to sleep. She was mad at the water park. She swam for a few short minutes but then cried to be held for the next hour and wanted out of the water. We pushed her a lot in the stroller and she watched Mady ride rides because she said her tummy hurt too bad to play. It was a really hard day and we immediately felt guilty for bringing her once we realized that even a water park wasn't going to make her 'feel' any better. Sometimes distractions are a great thing and sometimes the pain is just too heavy to distract away. I felt awful that she was in the sun and watching other kids play as she sat in pain, depressed, frustrated and sad... sad that she can't do what all the other kids her age are doing. She managed to play for a short amount of time but after a few hours, I just couldn't take it any longer. I packed our things and barked the order "Pull it together Bishop Family, we're going home."



As soon as we were in the truck to go home, she fell asleep again. Sweet baby.. we drove East, heading towards Richmond when I remembered that I promised Mady I would buy her new sneakers for school. We went to the outlets and found a shoe sale - Mady picked out an adorable (super fast running shoes, apparently), meanwhile.. Annabelle also found her way down the aisle to the glittery - light up - Frozen sneaker, section. She came running to me with the biggest smile I had seen her wear in weeks "Look mommy! New sneakers for MY school TOO! Just like sissy!!" ugh, rotten rotten kid. Yes. I bought those too. How can you say no??

We made it home and she was much more comfortable. She crawled in my bed long before the other kids did and she fell asleep while watching "Bo on the Go!". The medication isn't quite out of her system, so we're crossing our fingers that once it's out, we can begin to get our little girl back again. As for her pain management - I am praying with everything I have that the doctors can give us another option. I hate seeing this poor baby suffer :(

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry the medicine isn't working. I know you had such hopes for her pain management. Continuing to pray for all of you. Hugs! ~ Beth

    ReplyDelete