Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Time to pack our bags and head East


Our day began this morning with a visit from a great friend who I got to talk, share laughs over coffee and zuchinni bread and gossip with. It was a welcomed distraction and Annabelle was moderately entertained at home. I began giving her Miralax & water at 7a.. she drank a bit of it but then kept asking for another cup.. she wanted formula because she was hungry. I decided to break out the apple juice that I sent AK to the store the night before, to pickup. She cannot have anything outside of water or formula - and hasn't for two months, but I knew that I wasn't going to be able to get her to drink yucky water the entire day.. and definitely not enough to get enough miralax in her and also stay hydrated. The first couple rounds of apple juice didn't even do the trick ( I was shocked! She never gets juice! I thought she would welcome a different flavor of something in her cup.. but she wasn't buying it)... so I made the next cup EXTREMELY concentrated with Miralax and she drank a little. I waited stalked her all morning waiting for the Poop-Fest to begin and it didn't.. I didn't want to get on the road until I thought it was coming to an end but it just never started!

My friend took Belle and I to the car dearlership bc I need the oil changed / tires rotated and wanted to do so before hitting the road. We got home and I packed our bags and continued to sniff tiny-hiney's waiting for a fun surprise... nothing. UGH! Another friend texted me and asked to stop by before we hit the road, I welcomed the distraction and knew that it was probably good to wait this travel idea out a little longer. Because we ALL know that the moment we get in the car, she's going to start exploding all the way to the beach! My girlfriend and I talked for an hour and enjoyed each other's company and played with Annabelle.

Finally I loaded the car and we hit the road. Stopped at the gas station, even though I had 3/4tank (I don't know how to begin a roadtrip without topping it off). As I was merging from 295 onto 64 East, my stomach sank. I don't know why I do it to myself but I always calculate all my 'lasts' before something big. "This is the last time I'll be on 295 until after this procedure.. This is the last time I'll be doing xyz until I learn of the next biopsy results" It's like I am setting myself up for an anxiety attack and I just need to stop it. But the further I drove, the worse it got and I began to feel nauseas.

I looked in the back seat and saw my sweet Annabelle snoozing. She managed to wrap the blanket around her head and fall asleep. I felt like doing the same. We had been on the road for 25m and I never cut the radio on, it was silence. Maybe that is why my mind is wandering so terribly? I cut the radio on.. every country song made me want to jump off a cliff. I turn it to Classic Rock 96.5, "Hootie and the Blowfish - Take my hand" Lord Jesus, are you trying to break me today?! I was watching signs for the nearest exit because I needed to pull over, I was going to get sick. I haven't been carsick in years so I don't know what it was about, but I sure was NOT puking in my new car!! I picked up the phone, called Kristy and told her "Start talking. I don't care what you talk about but don't make it Annabelle.. tell me about the Destination Vacation Home you are setting up for me in Orlando, and tell me about your palm tree in your back yard!"

I didn't hang up the phone until I got on the bridge for the tunnel and knew I would loose signal. The power of distraction is a wonderful thing and I use it constantly! When we got out the tunnel, Annabelle began to wake up - but she was silent, just looking around and dozing on and off. Ginny and I touched base, I reminded her of the brake lights I was watching and how inviting VA Beach traffic is. :) We chatted for a bit and finally I made it to her house.

Her home is absolutely beautiful and so is her sweet family. The girls all had a great time playing together and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up. We went for a walk, played outside, played inside, took baths and poured glasses of wine. All in all it's been a great day.. but still no poop.





No comments:

Post a Comment