Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lemonade Stand, EoE Fundraiser Success!

Saturday was a wonderful success! Granted it was so hot, humid and intense heat that we all nearly suffocated - but we made it thru and so did many of our loved ones that came out to visit.

AK headed over first as I stayed home to get the kids bathed and dressed. While I was still setting up, a few people started to show up and browse.. Mady was a bit shy about her responsibilities to the lemonade but Annabelle showed no hesitiation to greeting anyone who arrived. Both girls spent a lot of time that morning playing with their own toys that we were selling in the yardsale. Annabelle decided she wanted to exchange the Stride Rite's she was wearing for a too-small-pair in the yardsale.. it's a good thing I stumbled past them in the line of shoes and snatched them back up quickly before someone grabbed them! ;)

As I was unpacking the last couple things, I recognized a familiar face. . I blinked twice before I realized it was one of my girlfriends that came out with her new little girl to visit! I almost squealed with excitement (but composed myself in efforts to not look crazy), minutes later I recognized another familiar face(!!!) I don't know if it was the lack of sleep deprivation, heat, emotions of life lately or what - but as I stood there talking to two of the most beautiful, selfless mommies that drove a HIKE to Prince George to see me, my eyes literally started to water from the intense beating of my heart. I smiled thru the tears before I let any fall and changed the conversation several times to keep myself distracted from the emotions of what today would bring for my little girl.

The day continued just as the morning began. The humbling love that Saturday brought to my heart and my family is absolutely indescribable. There are no words to describe how grateful and loved we felt to see so many people that have been thinking about and praying for sweet Annabelle. There were so many faces that I hadn't seen since high school that came out, friends that we visit often now, family that visited to show support and buy lemonade and loved ones that came out just to lend a helping hand in any way we needed.

Please please please hear my words when I tell you how grateful and blessed we are to have each and every one of you in our lives and keeping our family in your prayers. Thank you, with every ounce of love I have to give. . . for every one of you that came out and brought an even bigger smile to my face. I was caught by complete surprise - it was truly one of the best days I have ever had. All I want as a mother are my baby girls healthy and happy, and to see selfless friends and family that I haven't seen in so long, take their time away to support us and also wish for my sweet girls health and happiness ... it absolutely floods my heart and soul to tears. THANK YOU!





The icing of the cake Saturday, was introducing Annabelle Grace to sweet Joshua. Joshua's mom is one of the most amazing women I have had the pleasure of meeting. The two of us just recently met face-to-face a week or so ago, but we have been exchanging emails and phone calls since March. Dawn has picked me up and answered my concerns on some of my toughest days when battling Eosinophilic Esophaghitis. Her son Joshua, is also plagued with this disease and together Dawn & Joshua have been battling this longer than Belle & I have. Dawn is full of the most helpful, educated advice and shared experiences. I just knew Joshua would be equally as amazing as his mother - but he blew us all away with just HOW incredible he really is! When you see him, all you want to do is wrap him in your arms and squeeze him. He is the most precious, strongest little boy. I kept holding his hand and smiling to tell him "Gosh I love you", he probably thought I was a crazy woman , but that's ok. I kinda am. Annabelle and Joshua were precious with one another. They played with toys, and even snatched them from one another in perfectly appropriate toddler style ;) It was humbling to see our two babies, two children that have such terribly sick, hard days where they fight against their body to just make it thru tomorrow  - and somehow, they still manage to wear an adorable smile, high-five and share toddler hugs around perfect strangers. The spirit of these EoE kids is breath-taking.





Dawn and I chatted about some things we have been meaning to discuss, and have committed to a lunch date this week to continue to catch up in person!!

Annabelle is currently trialing Apples, and Joshua just lost Apples from his diet :( for that, Dawn gave Annabelle all her leftover safe apple treats. One of the goodies she brought were Apple Chips in a bag. Annabelle was seriously beyond herself in heaven when she first popped one in her mouth!! Andi and I both almost cried as we watched how happy she was at EATING apple chips! She didn't slow down.. she ate every one, didn't waste a crumb and then proceeded to lick the bag. It's a quick reminder at how much we take for granted in life when you see a child licking a bag of apple chips because they have never had chips, a food like this, apples, let alone foods for so long. Our hearts melted so fast - Andi immediately found where we could buy more on Amazon and orders were placed! :)




Saturday was a better success than we could have imagined. We sold a little over half our things, poured over 4 pitchers of lemonade, sold a bazillion donated baked goods and hugged so many loved ones, family and friends. Annabelle was a trooper in the heat and took many breaks inside, I was surprised she stuck it out for so long and I am so proud of her for doing so. I was happy that my friends that haven't met my girls, were able to meet them and my husband. I was happy most of them were able to squeeze a bit of Annabelle and feel her squishy incredible, loveliness as you hold her in your arms and she cuddles next to you. Everyone deserves that :) I was blessed to meet many of my friends children that I haven't met and humbled to have so many close friends and family make the trip out in support of us and our awesome lemonade as well. We couldn't have done it without all of you and Annabelle thanks every one of you.

THANK YOU!!














1 comment:

  1. I really really enjoyed reading this and seeing the pictures. So touching. xo : )

    ReplyDelete