Monday, March 3, 2014

Lazy Snow Day

Just a lazy little girl lately. 

Today I am grateful for a snow day that wasn't welcomed but became a hidden blessing in disguise. Annabelle has been quite tired the last week. I am happy with her energy when she looks well but I don't like the amount of time she spends curling in a ball or wanting to relax (not to be confused with taking a nap! That's an impossible term to be used around this two year old!) 

Our nurse wasn't able to get her to eat anything today. She slept until 830a (her usual wakeup time is around 630). She's just so worn out. But then again, with this weather, don't we all feel that way?! Annabelle's had quite an appetite lately with the few safe foods were allowing, so I don't know where this new idea of zero appetite has come from! Hopefully it's short lived. 
This is one of those days where I'm grateful for the horrible tube. I don't have to stress over her not eating. I get to make sure she's well hydrated and fed, whether she does it herself or not.



Her site is looking worse. We keep it cleaned and within an hour or so, it's drained and left crusty residue all over her tummy. It's bleeding all the time and the granulation tissue is spreading :( this upsets me so much. She's handling it well though. It's sensitive but she's a trooper while we clean and reapply dressings... Ripping tape off from her stomach, scrubbing the site with cotton swabs to get all the yuckies off, applying medicine etc. The kid just amazes me. 




Tonight were all snuggling under warm blankets and watching the snow fall. It's little days like this that somehow mean the most and were least expected. Annabelle needed mommy and daddy home today. I'm so glad we were able to be here with her. Thank you for this day. No eating, little energy and bleeding tummy - but a happy little girl laying in my arms and for that I am grateful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment