Friday, June 26, 2015

CBS6 Features Answers for Annabelle

A day that began with a text message "Did you see this? Annabelle is in the news paper!" what?!




In the midst of panicking about the week and trying to focus on work, my phone rings. "Hello, this is Ashley." (yea, unfortunately this is how I answer my CELL PHONE these days.. ). "Hi! My name is Chelsea with CBS6 and we heard about your little girl and would love to interview her, could we meet this afternoon?" My mouth dropped and stomach sank, "Umm. Yes, certainly, but.... Im still at work so we won't be able to see you for a few hours, Im really sorry."

My house was a disaster because I just can't focus. I haven't washed my hair in two days and my car was still at the dealership getting an oil change. Holy whirlwind!

The night was so incredibly fast that I cannot recall the hours between 4:30p when I received the phone call at work and 6:15p when CBS6 showed up at my doorstep. Guilty Ones MC arrived a few minutes before the news channel did, I laughed at them and shook my head as they walked towards my door. "Do you believe this?". We all laughed together and couldn't believe the out pour of love and attention for sweet Annabelle. We were all a bit restless so I offered the best suggestion, "How about we have a toast before they get here?" .... CHEERS! To all of you, CHEERS to Annabelle and her courageousness to fight her battle, CHEERS to the community support for standing behind her!!

A few minutes later the night picked up speed all over again. Annabelle was full of herself when she saw all the people in her home, she ran and laughed and hugged everyone. Chelsea, the news anchor, was as sweet as ever and explained how the evening would work. We spent the next two hours talking, giving her the back story to how Answers for Annabelle began and explaining the battles Annabelle is fighting.








Annabelle did so wonderful until we had to begin her feeding. Her feedings lately are so painful that she cries and moans the entire time. I am truly grateful those moments were not aired on TV, I hate to see her in pain and don't like anyone else to have to witness it either. She was so tough though, she pushed thru the pain and just kept whispering in my ear, "Please mommy, unhook my tubey, please!" I rocked her on my shoulder and we continued the interview.

I believe CBS6 did a beautiful job articulating Answers for Annabelle and what it's about. They highlighted our struggles for securing a venue, which truly, were a heartbreaking setback to be denied repeatedly, over and over by SO many places that didn't want to allow us to celebrate Annabelle at their location. I am so grateful for Life Church for picking us up for all the right reasons and I cannot wait to meet the pastor and get to know them all.

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/25/motorcycle-club-helping-raise-money-for-hanover-girl-battling-rare-disease/

While the attention for Annabelle and sharing her story is exciting for our family, the biggest blessing of all comes from the love and support of the Guilty Ones MC. I am so very grateful for their dedication to our family, their honesty, genuine love for Annabelle. Bikers truly get a bad rap bc of the few that make poor life choices with a gang and ride motorcycles. I have come to learn that the VAST majority of those that ride, are just like our new friends from the Guilty Ones. They ride with a heart on their sleeve. They're judged harshly by the public. They're perceived to be criminals, intimidating, terrorizing society and disobeying the law. When in reality, they wear leather, tattoos and rally behind the most important, American, honest and needing of stories. The stories that you don't hear about, Answers for Annabelle, Smiles for Jasmine. They rally and come together for the best causes and form a brotherhood without knowing one another. The media highlights the small minority of bikers that ARE intimidating and disobey the law - but they never highlight the floods of bikers that are riding the streets on two wheels and doing God's work for the community and perfect strangers.

Thank you CBS6 for putting our dear friends in the spotlight and showing the community what they truly represent. Thank you so very much Life Church for seeing past the tattoos and seeing the dedication a group has for a sweet little 3-year old that needs and deserves this rallying.

Thank you friends and family for sharing the story and tuning in.


Final thoughts,
HOLY CRAP! WERE CELEBRITY'S!!! pahaha
Big Time in a Small Town, you go Annabelle. Keep rocking on sweet girl ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment