Sunday, June 28, 2015

Waiting to leave!

I wish I had the time to post about the event and how incredibly grateful and happy we are at the turnout.. Let's just say that despite the weather, the event was better than I could imagine. The proceeds raised exceeded our wildest dreams and they were just enough for Cincinnati. What a relief of a burden it is to be lifted from our minds as we head to Ohio this morning. 

On the way home from the event, I received a text message that made my heart stop. It was he pilot for the first leg of the flights - he said turbulence looks to be moderate around the mountains which may cancel our opportunity to fly. With a house full of family and friends, we all looked at one another with huge eyes - blinking silently. I knew this was a possibility but I didn't quite have a backup plan for it in place. 

AK was leaving within the hour. If we couldn't make the flight the next morning, we would need to get in the car and start driving right away. I checked the commercial flights and there were very few seats available. 

After talking on the phone with the pilot, I felt comfortable enough to tell AK to get on the road without us and we would try for the flight in the morning. 

He made it until about 1am and stopped in W. Virginia to sleep. He has about 4hrs left of a drive before getting to the hospital. 

Annabelle had a comfortable night last night. I gave her some pain meds before she fell asleep. Madelynne fell asleep just as easily, however by 1am I still couldn't sleep myself. I crawled into Madys bed and slept with her the rest of the night. I already miss my big girl so much it hurts :(

The pilot texted at 7am this morning and arrived at the airport around 745a. We're at the airport now and flights appear to look good, however there is still turbulence in the path were headed. We are going to wait it out for an hour or so before we leave. Annabelle is snuggled in her stroller playing a game... She knows where we're headed but hasn't appeared to be upset by it yet. Fingers crossed for a safe flight this morning! I'll update when we get to WV. 














No comments:

Post a Comment